Vegan Chick Pea Casarecce Pasta Salad Recipe
We have created the perfect summer salad that not only tickles the taste buds but is nutritious and allows you to take part in reducing animal product use. Our Chick Pea Casarecce and Vegan Basil Pesto sauce with pumpkin pieces is a quick and easy lunch or dinner meal that can be prepared in less than 15 minutes.
Ingredients – to serve 3
- 1 Packet of I Pastai Chick Pea Casarecce
- 1 packet of I Pastai Vegan Basil Pesto
- Half of a pumpkin
- Basil or other green leaf to season
- Put a pot of water on the stove to boil and add salt to it. Cook the pasta for 3-4 minutes when boiling.
- Dice your pumpkin into small 1cm squares
- Season the pumpkin cubes with salt, oil, garlic and oregano leaves
- Roast the pumpkin for 10 minutes in a convection oven at 170C
- Once all the ingredients are cooked, allow them to chill
- Combine the chilled ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with a sprig of basil
Now you can enjoy your healthy and nutritious pasta salad any time of day, cold or heated.
To find a stockist go to our Where to buy page!